Quick PDF Library 8.14 beta 2 has been released and is ready for download and testing. Version 8.14 beta 2 includes new functions and bug fixes.
- Corrected page height related issues with direct access text extraction
- Shading patterns are removed from the page correctly with SplitPageText
- Corrected Index parameter offsets in geospatial PDF functions
- Corrected handling of symbolic TrueType fonts
- Improved metafile import (non-breaking spaces and rotated text)
- Added range checks to Type1 charstring lookup
- NewNamedDestination now updates multilevel name trees correctly
- GetDefaultPrinterName function returns correct result even after printing to a different printer
- DPI of certain images extracted using direct access function are now set
- DPI of certain images generated by the renderer are now set
- Files with a datetime earlier than the year 1900 can now be opened
- Added support for incorrect AcroForm spelling (Acroform)
- Added G4 TIFF output to the renderer
- HTML5 renderer output added to documentation and enabled in all rendering functions
- QPL base class now internally calls CoInitialize and CoUninitialize in a safe way
Upgrading To Version 8
More information on upgrading to version 8 can be found online here..
Feedback! Any feedback large or small is appreciated. We’ll shortly be planning the next round of exciting new features for Quick PDF Library, so we’d really like to know what you want to see added to the SDK. Don’t be shy, email us your PDF library ideas.