Debenu Quick PDF Library Lite Overview
Debenu Quick PDF Library Lite is a free PDF SDK that offers a subset of the functionality found in Debenu Quick PDF Library— a powerful royalty-free PDF developer SDK used by thousands of developers for working with PDFs on all levels — for free!
That’s right. Add functionality to your applications — such as the ability to convert images to PDF, add links to the web, get and set document properties, rotate pages, analyze document security and add images and text to documents — to your applications for free.
Debenu Quick PDF Library Lite is available as an 32-bit and 64-bit ActiveX component and works with C, C++, C#, Delphi, PHP, Visual Basic, VB.NET, ASP, PowerBASIC, Pascal or any other language that supports ActiveX.
These are some of the key functions in this free PDF SDK. A full list of functions can be found in the “Appendix C: Functions available in the Lite Edition” section found in the Function Reference provided with the installer.
|Load existing PDFs or generate new ones|
|Add images to existing PDF files and convert images to PDF files (JPG, GIF, TIFF, PNG, BMP, etc)|
|Add text and control location, size, color and font|
|Generate QR codes and add them to PDF files|
|Merge PDF files together|
|Set and get document properties (title, author, subject, keyword)|
|Add web links and set base URL|
|Get page rotation information and rotate pages|
|Get security info such as encryption strength and document permissions|
|Set and get PageBox info (MediaBox, CropBox, BleedBox, TrimBox, ArtBox)|
|Check for fonts, count embedded images, get page width and height|
Want more powerful features? Check out the commercial edition — it’s the most impressive PDF SDK on the market today, feature and price wise. But don’t take our word for it: Try it yourself!
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.5 to 10.9 (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Mac OS X Server 10.5 to 10.9 (32-bit)
The full end user license agreement can be read online here, but to give you a rough idea of how you can and can’t use Debenu Quick PDF Library, here’s a few key points:
- Free. You can use Debenu Quick PDF Library in your applications without needing to pay a licensing fee or any royalty fees for distribution.
- No limits on number of applications. We sell licenses based on the number of your developers who will be using the library, not the number of applications your company intends to build using the library.
- Servers. Your license also covers use of the software on any server with the small provision that access to Debenu Quick PDF Library by third parties must be via your own software.
- No reselling. You are not allowed to resell Debenu Quick PDF Library or your license key, but you can embed the software in your application, or distribute it with your system..
- Compiled applications only. You are not permitted to create your own PDF software libraries using Debenu Quick PDF Library.
You will find free access to standard support facilities (online help, knowledge base, FAQs, code samples and the forums).
Visit the Help and Support portal for more info.