I recently came across a blog post from a person who was looking for a good personal document management system. Their requirements were pretty simple:
- File away scans or pdfs in an organized directory structure.
- Tag each scan or pdf with searchable metadata and comments.
- Archive everything off to a server or storage media easily.
- Runs on Mac OSX
- Intuitive, simple user interface
- Basic set of features (no bloatware)
- Reasonable cost ($200 or less), or free
- Good documentation/tutorials
- Good customer support
This is essentially what we are trying to provide for Windows computer users. A quality document manager for the average computer user who just wants an easy solution for managing their electronic documents. A solution that provides all of the necessary features, without moving into bloatware territory, and most importantly, keeps it simple — so there’s no learning curve required.
Managing your documents shouldn’t be hard, it should be really, really simple.
Download a free 14 day trial of Benubird Pro today.